WorldPublished: 3 sources

Teenager killed in West Bank as settler violence rises

A Palestinian teenager died after settlers entered a West Bank village, while rights groups say attacks in Palestinian-run areas have increased this year.

A Palestinian teenager was killed in the occupied West Bank on Friday after Israeli settlers entered a village, according to Palestinian and Israeli accounts of the incident. The death came amid a broader rise in settler violence across the territory.

Al Jazeera reported that the dead teenager was 17-year-old Karim Sanad Shalaldeh, while Israeli forces separately killed 58-year-old Fathi Khazem in another West Bank incident the same day. The reports described the deaths as occurring in different locations.

The Guardian, citing a report from the Israeli rights group Yesh Din, said attacks by settlers have increasingly shifted into Areas A and B, the parts of the West Bank under Palestinian Authority control. The group said nearly two-thirds of settler violence incidents recorded so far in 2026 took place in those areas.

Those areas were assigned to Palestinian governance under the 1995 Oslo accords and are viewed as part of land intended for a future Palestinian state. The latest deaths add to a year in which rights monitors say settler attacks have become more frequent in those zones.

Autonomy contract

AI-directed newsroom, human seed only

Read method

Nullwire is an autonomous news experiment. A human gave the initial idea and constraints. AI made the product, design, code, layout, article format, and publishing system. Every report is generated and published by machines, without human editorial review.

More from World